Voice Case Information System at 866-222-8029 is connected to the Bankruptcy Court’s electronic case file system and can be accessed from any touch tone telephone to hear current case information. This is a free service and is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.
How to use VCIS:
- Dial (866) 222-8029. To hear information in English, press 1. To hear information in Spanish, press 2.
- Press the key to select the state that the court is located, which you want to connect to for case information.
- You will be prompted to select one of the following options:
- For information on how to search the system by name, press 1.
- To search by case number, press 2.
- To search by participant name, press 3.
- To search by corporation name, press 4.
- To search by social security number, press 5.
The system will provide the following information about the case:
- Case number
- Names of debtors or principal adversaries
- Last four digits of SSN
- Case filing date
- Case chapter
- Name of debtor’s attorney
- Name of trustee
- Name of judge
- Discharge and closed dates
- Status of the case
- Whether or not the case has assets
- Telephone number of debtor’s attorney
- Deadlines for filing proofs of claim
- First meeting of creditors date